The Sunshine Music Festival is delighted to offer space for vendors and artisans, focusing on ethically and sustainably made goods. Acceptance of your application will be determined based on the nature and quality of your products, with a strong preference for home-made items.
Please read through our vendor information and guidelines, and complete the application form below. Our Vendor Coordinator will get back to you as soon as possible with a decision. A waitlist will be kept for last minute cancellations. If you have any questions, get in touch.
- $150 handmade crafts, includes 2 passes
- $225 imported crafts, includes 2 passes
- $250 food booths, includes 2 passes
Please read through our festival guidelines before applying.
- NO DOGS ON SITE: This will be firmly enforced.
- Booth frontage: Booth frontage is 15’. Additional frontage may be available at a cost of $50 per 5 feet.
- Complimentary passes: Booth prices include festival passes for 2 persons per day (4 in total). Passes will be distributed at set-up, and must be worn throughout the festival.
- Camping: Passes include camping, although limited space is available. Provincial and private campsites are located within 10 km.
- Zero waste festival: Please aim to eliminate waste from your booth, and leave the park as you found it.
- No drums anywhere after 11 PM, and acoustic music only until midnight. Security will give gentle reminders if the hour gets late and anyone is keeping others awake.
- No alcohol or drugs on site at this family-friendly event
Deposits & deadlines
- A 50% non-refundable deposit is required after your application has been approved.
- Full payment is required by the last week of August.
- Payments can be made via e-transfer (preferred), or a mailed cheque. Details on how to pay will be sent to you in an email after you apply.
- Refunds are available until August 1st on the refundable portion of your booth fee
- Setup begins Friday after 9 AM, and continues on Saturday until 11 AM. Booth locations will be posted at the main gate. All setup must be complete by Saturday at 11 AM.
- For safety reasons, no vehicles can enter or leave the site after 10:30 AM on Saturday until the close of the festival.
- Our Vendor Coordinator will be on-site to assist with setup on Friday between 9 – 3 PM, and Saturday between 9 – 11AM.
Artisan & Craft Vendors
Priority preference will be for hand-made goods or sustainable, ethically sourced goods
Artisans will be selected based on the quality of their products, with an eye to providing a diversity of handmade, original selections to patrons. Vendors who meet the criteria will be selected on a first-come, first-served basis.
Priority Preference will be for Quality, handmade food options
Food vendors will be selected based on the quality of their products, with an eye to providing a diversity of handmade food options to patrons. Vendors who meet the criteria will be selected on a first come, first served basis, with a maximum of 12 vendors.
Zero Waste Festival
- We will provide plates, cutlery & mugs to all the food booths. There will be washing stations with volunteers cleaning and sanitizing the dishes, and a recycling station for sorting recyclables and compost.
- Let’s really work together at “zero waste”! Think through the food you’re offering with that in mind.
- NO bottled water to be sold. We provide drinking water.
- NO pre-packed mass-produced snacks to be sold. Examples include chips, cheesies, etc.
- NO “compostable” cups & cutlery as Powell River does not have the facilities to properly compost them.
- NO plastic straws, saran-wrap, crinkly plastic packaging, etc that cannot be recycled.
Permits & Licences
- All vendors are responsible for obtaining permits, inspections, insurance, licences and any other requirements to legally operate a mobile food vendor business. All food booths are required by the fire marshal to have fire extinguishers.
- Food booths include a 15 AMP electrical hookup. Vendors must bring their own extension cords. No heavy electrical appliances, please; propane is best. Additional electricity may be allowed based on availability, if pre-approved by the board. Additional electricity is $25 for the weekend. No generators.
- Although most people will purchase food with cash, we provide the performers with food vouchers to spend at any of the vendors in the park. Vouchers used to buy food must be retained by the vendor until the end of the weekend, at which time they are redeemed for cash. Sunshine Music Festival retains 10% of the voucher value as administrative fees. There will be a lot of hungry people, so please have lots of food to feed the audience, volunteers and musicians!