Plan Your Experience
The Sunshine Coast music festival takes place on the Upper Sunshine Coast of British Columbia, at Palm Beach Regional Park in the qathet Regional District, just south of Powell River, BC. Our festival is hosted on the traditional territories the Tla’amin Nation.
Powell River and the surrounding area offers stellar year-round outdoor recreation opportunities, as well as a tonne of art and cultural events to check out. Make sure you visit Tourism Powell River for an idea of what else you can do during your visit!
- Palm Beach Regional Park is located about 25 minutes drive south of the City of Powell River in Lang Bay, a residential neighbourhood.
- We remind festival patrons to be well-prepared with the essentials! All amenities are quite a commute from our location. We will have plenty of homemade food at the festival to tide you over.
- Lang Bay Store is a small convenience store a couple of kilometers from the park that has a good selection of most items.
- A regional bus operates from Town Centre Mall in Powell River to Lang Bay Store, making a limited number of trips each day (#12 Stillwater).
Getting to Powell River
- Powell River is a land-locked community which is accessible by water or air only. We recommend you plan your travel in advance, and expect delays due to heavy summer traffic.
- Our location is about a 15 minute drive the Saltery Bay Ferry terminal, which connects us via Earls Cove with the Lower Sunshine Coast and Vancouver.
- We are about a 30 minute drive from the Westview/Powell River Ferry Terminal, which connects us via Little River with Comox and Vancouver Island.
- Pacific Coastal operates daily flights in an out of our local airport, located in town.
- We suggest you start planning where you will stay early! Powell River is a bustling vacation spot, and is sure to be a prime location during busy Labour Day weekend.
- Powell River has lots and lots of camping! See the links we’ve included for the closest campgrounds to the festival location.
- Our region has an excellent B&B scene. If camping isn’t your cup of tea and you prefer to avoid hotels, there are a number of cute bed and breakfasts nearby to consider.
- Powell River and the surrounding region offers stellar year-round outdoor recreation opportunities, as well as a tonne of art and cultural events to check out. Plan to stay a few days, at least!
Can you offer accommodations?
Are you a local fan who has accommodations to offer our travelling musicians and performers? Apply to host a festival performer >